It has been a long time coming since a physical release from the Oddworld Inhabitants. The last time they poked their heads out was in 2014 with the release of “Oddworld New ‘N’ Tasty”. This is a remake of their 1997 classic: ‘Oddworld Abe’s Oddysee’. It was not long ago “Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD” was released by Limited Run Games, which at the time left only one game to be released in physical format.
What game is that, you ask? Well, no other than ‘Oddworld Munch’s Oddysee’. This is the first 3D Game in the Oddworld series and was originally made for the original Xbox back in 2001. The good news is that this classic has been received a HD facelift, which originally dropped on the PS Vita and Play Station 3 back in 2012. The only problem was that it was released digitally!
The long wait is finally over and ‘Oddworld Munch’s Oddysee’ will be released on February 23rd in physical form through Limited Run Games! Check it out for yourself! Here is the Oddworld Inhabitant’s Facebook post confirming the date of release.
What We Know
Our limited physical release of Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD retails for $29.99 and is limited to just 6,000 copies. 3,000 are standard editions with beautiful reversible artwork, 2,000 will be available as an incredible Collector’s Edition ($64.99), and 1,000 will be available as a PAX East exclusive variant.
There will be 3,000 standard edition copies released according to the Limited Run Games “New Releases” page. It has been confirmed that there will be a reversible cover-art. One side featuring the cover-art style of the original game from the North America release. The other side features two Glukkon doctors and the title stamped across two needles. Complete information about the Collector’s Edition is down below! Just click on the picture!
- Play as a team – players use Munch and Abe cooperatively to make their way through the trials of Oddworld. Leverage both characters’ unique strengths!
- Special psychic powers – Munch and Abe’s psychic powers can extend their reach and get others to do the dirty work!
- Power-Ups – Every friendly character you can find becomes a fighting ally, Fuzzles, Mudokons…. Need to get somewhere quickly or get over a wall, like right now? Use Oddworld’s consumer power-ups like Expresso and Bounce to amp up Munch and Abe’s abilities to perform cool moves. For the more direct approach, possess high-caliber weapon toting enemies.
- Oddworld, now in “new and improved 3D!” – it’s a whole new Oddworld, with lush rivers, towering mountains and hundreds of trees that bloom or die.
- Interact with dozens of different oddball races – use GameSpeak® to get Oddworld’s Inhabitants from the heavily armed Big Bro Sligs to the cute but ferocious Fuzzles) to carry out tricky tasks or just beat the crap out of enemies.
- “Frustration Free” gaming – Oddworld’s new intelligent cinematic camera, auto-targeting system and no-stick navigation system makes playing a breeze! Plus with easy QuikSave® and limitless lives, players have plenty of chances to take on any situation… no matter how Odd!
The MSRP will be at $29.99 USD. Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee will release on February 23rd, 2018 at 10am EST, so set your alarms and be ready to get your hands on a copy (Or two we don’t judge) of this great game! You can secure a copy on Limited Run’s website on February 23rd.